Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thoughtbooks: Doodle

When I started photographing the notebooks for my Etsy shop, it started to become even more fun. I could almost imagine what kind of people the probable buyers are and started using props I found lying around my craft room to give the notebooks the personality of their imagined owners. I wish you could hear me squeak.

Things you make me write and doodle. I see a sex-deprived female in her mid-20's who is still coping with a tragic break-up from a long-term relationship. She probably likes eating donuts and listening to ovulation-triggering indie rock songs. No one calls her on the phone because everyone knows she gets panic attacks. She's sweet but sad and maybe if we take a quick peek of her notebook, we'd see gory doodles and drawings of her ex-boyfriend's penis in all the glory of mutilation.


Words you will never read. Probably a confused female university student who reads too much novels authored by iconic feminists. She is in love with her room mate, an opinionated smart chick who is a huge Virginia Woolf fan. She'd probably doodle stuff in this notebook to dissipate the sexual tension while her room mate does a monologue on abortion while getting dressed.


Everything I could never tell you. Think of a female Dexter. This could be a pocket scrapbook of penis foreskins of serial rapists she has slain.


Wow. I hope my sense of humor did not disturb you. I actually imagined less brutal personalities but they would sound gay if I actually typed them out. I like my alternative belles better.

No comments:

Post a Comment